Tell Me What You Think

Tell Me What You Think: If you have a comment after reading a post, please leave one. It helps spark discussion and potentially future posts on this site.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dancing like Michael Jackson


So as some of you may know, my favorite musician/entertainer of all time is the one and only Michael Jackson.  I have seen all of his music videos, most of which I have on DVD, I have seen a lot of his television performances at award shows and unfortunately never got to see him in concert before he passed away.  I have always been in awe of how effortless he was with his dancing, probably because I am terrified to even attempt any moves in front of others.  I could literally spend hours watching youtube videos like this one Michael Jackson 1995 MTV Music Awards which is, in my opinion, one of the greatest performances ever.

So I was excited to see that my little boy has got some soul in his dance moves.  He started out by simply moving his legs up and down when asked to dance and has quickly advanced to one of the best moves of all time made famous by Michael Jackson himself...the Moonwalk.  As you will see in this video, it is still a work in progress.  He has a long way to go to be able to say he is one of the greats, but fortunately I have hours of DVD footage to share with him over the years that he may study and imitate.  Hopefully he will find as much joy in them as I have and at the very least, it will be fun to watch them with him and see him try out his skills.   
 

1 comment: